Grades 7 to 12
Buck Mountain Central School is a rural school that serves students from Grades 7 to 12. Most of our students are from our two elementary feeder schools - Alder Flats Elementary and Winfield Elementary. Currently our student population is 160 students. The School was built in 1991 and is located at the south end of Buck Lake, a beautiful recreational area approximately 102 km west of Wetaskiwin on Highway 13.
We offer a diverse academic program that provides programming for both the vocational and academic-oriented student enriched by a strong fine arts program, a solid physical education program, CTS courses and extra curricular activities and trips.
Principal:Mr. Jon Meyers
Vice Principal: Ms. Nicole Townsend
"Respect - Responsibility - Results!"
At Buck Mountain Central School, we passionately engage our diverse students every day by genuinely connecting and supporting them on their learning journey towards high school completion and life beyond our doors.
Buck Mountain Central is a school community where all learners feel safe, supported and celebrated. Relationships form the foundation of what we do, empowering individuals to reach their full potential as lifelong learners.
To enact our vision, the staff of Buck Mountain Central School:
- Engage with families and surrounding communities in support of student learning
- Model the behaviors of a lifelong learner and responsible citizen
- Communicate candidly, collaboratively, and continuously
- Cultivate genuine relationships
- Foster learning beyond the classroom (for example by providing enrichment opportunities and access to extracurricular activities)
- Respond to the diverse needs of our students
- Celebrate strengths and successes
- Respond to challenges by modeling resiliency
- Recognize and respect cultural diversity
- Provide timely, effective academic interventions focused on literacy and numeracy skills