The main goals of mathematics education are to prepare students to:
- use mathematics confidently to solve problems
- communicate and reason mathematically
- appreciate and value mathematics
- commit themselves to lifelong learning
- become mathematically literate adults, using mathematics to contribute to society.
At the completion of a program, students should have developed a positive attitude toward mathematics and have a base of knowledge and skills related to Number, Patterns and Relations, Shape and Space, and Statistics and Probability.