Program Goals & Objectives:
- Students will develop a better understanding of what leadership is, the skills it takes to lead as well as being a contributing team member.
- Students will learn about themselves, what they are capable of and what they can accomplish when they set their mind to it. They will grow as team players, creative thinkers, effective communicators and capable citizens. Yes, this will involve speeches/presentations!
- Leadership will extend the student’s sense of community, open their eyes to their potential, and provides opportunities for them to share their successes. Students will begin to see how they can shape events rather than be shaped by them.
- Students will have the opportunity to be a mentor as well as a mentee. (Lots of volunteer opportunities in this class)
- New in the 2015-2016 School Year: We are taking over Students Union! Students will have the opportunity to shape their school and get more involved in various committees.
Module Opportunities Include:
HSS 1030 – Communication Skills for Health Professionals
HSS 1050 – Intro to Mentorship
HSS 1080 – Leadership Fundamentals 1
HSS 1090 – Speaking & Presenting
HSS 1910 – Project A
HSS 2030 – Perspectives on Interpersonal Relationships
HSS 2050 – Becoming a Mentor
HSS 2080 – Leadership Fundamentals 2
HSS 2910/2920– HSS Project B & C
HSS 3090 – Governance and Leadership
HSS 3080 – Leadership Fundamentals 3
HSS 3050 – Becoming a Mentee
HSS 3060 – Extending the Mentoring Relationship
HSS 3910 – HSS Project D
Additional Credits Available:
HSS 2950 – Int. Practicum
HSS 3920 – Project E
HSS 3950 – Adv. Practicum